Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pillow Talk

I am not one of the two million who have died, and neither are you.

I have witnessed so many deaths, but I am here to look you in the eye.

What do you see? What do I see?

My eyes are for seeing, I cannot turn away.

I look onto a world overflowing misery and pain, but I will not blink.

My view is timeless, I am here in the past, in the present, forever.

I look out as the winds of change bring new conquerors.

Always tracking in blood and destruction.

Who will witness when I am gone? Where is my legacy?

Tell the world to see us, to be with us for one hour.

Peek out behind half-closed lids, take in what you can and leave the rest.

I will stare truth in the eye for you, so that you may sleep for me.


Rosalyn Falcon Collier
August 4, 2007
Reflection on Darfur Photo Exhibit:
Looking Genocide in the Eye
at Viva! Art Gallery